The Rock Poster Society (TRPS) was founded in 1998 by a small contingent of collectors, dealers, artists and enthusiasts. We are a nonprofit, all-volunteer (nope, nobody gets paid) organization which seeks to perpetuate and promote the long-standing relationship between music and graphic art that we so fondly call “Rock Poster Art”.
The Rock Poster Society is the planet’s largest organized group of rock poster collectors, artists, and dealers. TRPS (as we are known and pronounced like “trips”) is an eclectic, non-profit, non-denominational, committed and focused volunteer group who have as their common bond an overriding joy in the art of the rock poster, be it Fillmore and Avalon, punk, boxing style, off-the-wall or just plain bonafide out-there.
Although we are based in Northern California, we have members ALL over the country and around the world. So kick off your shoes, take a stroll around, score some cool information, see what’s coming up in the poster world, and most of all, communicate with other kindred poster-collecting souls. We also do encourage you to become a member of TRPS and enjoy the added benefits of membership.TRPS.org
- To generate interest and public awareness of poster art.
- To act as a hub of information and resources that shall be available to all.
- To encourage the free exchange of critical archival advice and counsel.
- To embrace and perpetuate the ongoing tales and folk lore surrounding these vibrant works and to offer insight into their historical backgrounds.
- To bring to the forefront, through public events and exhibits, the many great artists who created these works and to unite them with their fans.
- To explore the continuing tradition of rock poster art from its origins to its most recent incarnations.
- To attempt to form a worldwide link with others who share the same interests and passions.
- And finally, to create a sense of community and fellowship among those who are drawn to the joy of collecting so that we may all bask in the wealth of our obsession.